Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Shhhhhh!



Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.Psalm 141:3

In James chapter 3 the theme is taming the tongue and how difficult it is. No one can really do it. Just when I think I have it mastered, poof. I blow it again and dig myself into a deep hole. 

Satan loves more than anything when we run off at the mouth without giving thoughts to our words and how they are  received by the person listening. Misspoken words cause hurt, pain, separation, divorce, revenge and a host of things that simply are no where near the fruit of the spirit. 

Be loving to those who have hurt you. Pray for those you have hurt. Ask God for restoration if needed. Above all let it go and begin anew. Don't dwell on what is over. Just make it better your next go round. Allow the Holy Spirit to transform you. 

PRAYER: I am thankful Lord for second chances, third chances, and even more. You forgave so we should forgive. Help me learn from mess ups and try to grow closer to you as a result. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment