Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Zombie Land


Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2
At a recent doctor office visit, as I sat in the waiting room, I had to chuckle under my breath. All four other people in the room were all on their electronic mobile devices. Even a mom with a small toddler was clicking away on her mobile phone while her son sat clicking away on his little lap top electronic game. I was thinking what a society we had become who are on the verge of not only neck problems from looking down all the time, but of lacking social skills of face to face communication. I do it too but I try to be aware of the fact that I need to put the phone away at times and communicate with people the good old fashioned way. It reminded me of zombies, but not in the Halloween sense, just sort of zoned out and not speaking.

If this describes you, why not sit back and take stock of your time on your mobile devices. Sometimes running to our source of text messaging gets to be a habit. Facebook posting also can consume us. Try to really limit the time you are on your cell phone or other device. Maybe take inventory of how much time you are dependent to run to your device to check the status of things be it Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook. Perhaps ask yourself how important is it that you know every fact about trending events. Will this make your life more vital. 

Try to escape the electronic world and pick up a book, maybe the Bible. Tune out the noise, the distractions, and maybe even turn off your phone. Just be at peace and enjoy a disconnected moment or two. 

PRAYER: I thank you Lord for those genius people who invented all the wonderful devices for communication today but help me Lord not to consume myself hour after hour just glued to them. Help me to schedule time for face to face communication. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment