Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Unconsolable


A hot-tempered man stirs up strife,  but he who is slow to anger quiets contention. Proverbs 15:18
I wasn't sure what word I was looking for in my title, but I get lots of my material not just from my own life, but from 'accidental' meet ups with strangers. A few days ago in Phoenix, Arizona, a very negative angry man was behind me in line at a restaurant/bakery and struck up a conversation centered on this negativity. And when I say negative I mean as possibly as you can be and even sprinkled in an occasional F word for effect. When I told him I was going to pray he would be happy he said "I am not a Christian, I am Muslim". I said "That's okay I can still pray. I love everybody!" When I stepped aside a lady in front of me said "you handled that very well."

There are all sorts of people in this world. There are some you can never seem to help. Many things can contribute to reactions of people and we know anger can lead to upheaval and even violence and death. Whenever possible try to share God's love with those you come into contact with. As in this man's case, he just was hateful and almost rage like. I did not consider this meet up as one that 'just happened' but God had a purpose in it. Plant a seed of love and joy. Give this individual some kindness and thus something to think about. Never be mean back, as that solves nothing but does stoke the fire.

Wherever you go today make sure you let the love of God rule your life. You never know who is watching.

PRAYER: Use me Lord to share your love with a hurting and unbelieving world. Guide me and give me wisdom and prepare the hearts of those who need you to receive you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment