Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lessons Learned......Again!


Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. Psalm 86:11

In the military there is a term 'lessons learned' followed by an 'after action report' where you document how certain events unfolded. This record of what was learned would help whoever came along behind you understand from things you did right or wrong how to run something more smoothly. 

In life we are constantly learning lessons, often from mistakes. You mess up and a think to yourself, "well I am not doing that again." For instance recently I misplaced a large denomination bill that I had in my purse to go to grocery shopping with. I knew I had put it in there but it was no where to be found at the check out. I assumed I had not tucked it in my wallet good and that it had fallen on the ground somewhere. So lesson to myself was be more careful securing it in my billfold next time. You can probably think  of examples in your own life of things you would do different if you did them over. You gained from your mess ups simply to help teach you for the future.

In your walk with the Lord do you know there are things you could do differently if you had them to do over? 

Oh by the way, I found my lost money. 

PRAYER: Father God I am thankful for when things go wrong because then I learn what to do right. Give me patience as I walk day to day to try to be closer to you. Use me and even my mess ups to help other people learn. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment