Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Work In Progress......Standby



For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.1 Corinthians 1:18

Every day when I write I think it is great that readers get something out of what God gave me to write. Then I think about those people, we all know, maybe some close to us, who think a trip to church on Sunday is enough and seldom, if ever, open the Bible. We can not force it upon them. Only the Holy Spirit can lead them to this desire. The more you push and suggest the more they are less apt to do it, and probably won't get anything from what they read anyway.

If you have a person like this in your life all you can do is pray. You can't shove Jesus down their throat. Definitely don't act like you are better in order to prove a point. Maybe there was a time in your life you thought church was enough and then the lights came on,  so to speak. That moment for me was 19 March 1975. After I became 'born again' I thirsted for God's word. I occasionally get teased about preaching or maybe I should go to seminary. Simply because your passion is for things of the Lord does not make you a weirdo. It is awesome!

Just keep praying for those in your life. Some maybe have been led away by seducing spirits or have lost their 'first love.' Don't preach to them but instead show Jesus' love to them unconditionally and let God do the work.

PRAYER: Help me Lord to not get preachy to my friends or family who gave no passion for you. Help them see the light and feel your love. Lead them away from whatever it is that is stealing the love for you. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment