Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 6, 2015

An Apple A Day


"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble;thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."Psalm 32:7
Most of us are familiar with the little saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away."  There is some truth in that eating healthier and less junk foods tends to keep you from getting diseases. Similarly a Bible verse a day helps keep the devil away. When we get caught up with everything else no matter how important and forget to have a quiet time alone with the Lord you are not armed for what lies ahead.

How can you make sure you are having your 'spiritual apple' each and every day? First decide just how important God really is to you. Is the only time you do anything remotely spiritual on Sunday and maybe not even then? To be prepared for each day we have to stay spiritually 'healthy' by taking a good dose of God's word to see us through trials that are bound to come. The enemy wants to distract you with Facebook, the morning show, the newspaper, and just plain staying in bed. None of these are wrong in themselves but if they are your priority then maybe God has taken a back seat somehow in your life.

I am not here to judge your spiritual life or lack thereof but to make you rethink just how 'healthy' in Christ you really are. Are you prepared with His word? 


PRAYER:  I realize I can't get by letting a minister or priest spoon feed me the word of God one day a week. I need the discipline to make it happen daily on my own. Help me to reorder my daily activities to really make you number one. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment