Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

STOP!! WAIT!! THINK!! PRAY!!CALM DOWN!! SHHH!!


Oh my goodness, the area of speaking before thinking is one area I could write oodles on. I am the queen of jumping to conclusions and making assumptions. This is a trait I do not like and am constantly working on. It is so critical in life to not be hasty especially in important decisions. In relationships with friends it is also important to think sometimes before speaking or answering email or texts. For those married, it is essential to be kind with your mouth to your spouse and try to keep being like you were when you were dating. 

Proverbs 29:20 (NIV) says 'Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for  him.'  That sort of summarizes it I would say. If you do not want to be classified as a fool then do not be blurting things out of your mouth without thinking first. Once those words go forth they can not be taken back. Sometimes a good rule of thumb, especially if you are angry or confused, is to wait 24 hours. I even wrote a devotion with that title a few weeks ago. 

Our words can sort of define us. Are you known for saying the wrong things, starting quarrels, lying, gossiping, hurting people or are you known as spreading cheer, giving praise and compliments, and being truthful and kind?  

1 Thessalonians 4:11(NIV) says 'Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your hands, just as we told you.'  Try to be known as the loving peacemaker and someone who is there to unite and encourage. I know encouragers are much more pleasant to be around than a griper or complainer. 

So there you have it. Stop,wait, think, pray, and calm down. It will improve your life dramatically.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I need your help to be careful what I say. Help me learn to slow down in all areas of life and to think before speaking. Thank you for loving me despite my faults. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment