Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2ND BIRTHDAY


Today marks my "second" birthday celebration. I am 38 years old in
Christ today and so is my sister Judy. We both rededicated our lives
to Jesus on this day back in 1975 in Charleston, West Virginia.

Like any birthday, this one is very special because I was "born
again" and started living for God in a new and powerful way. Things
came alive for me. I hungered for the things of God. I finally was
excited to live the Christian life and not just attend church and sing
hymns then go home and do what I wanted. I have had my ups and downs
since and have had times when I was not as close to Him. This
wonderful day was truly a memorable one as I was reborn into a new
life with Him.

Before this day I had gone through the motions of going to church,
being baptized, attending Sunday school and Vacation Bible school and
saying my prayers but when it really took hold in 1975 I was truly
"hungry" for the things of the Lord. Matthew 5:6(NIV) says 'Blessed
are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they will be
filled.'

You can not shove Jesus down someones throat or play "Holy Spirit
Junior" as neither will work. Prayer is the answer. I know I had
family and friends praying for me just like I pray for others today. I
was not a bad person but things of the Lord were on Sunday only
mostly. I had wonderful parents who raised us saying prayers and going
to church and youth group and am forever grateful for that foundation.

Do you hunger for more of God or is Sunday quite enough? Do you need
a spiritual transformation? Do you realize you do not "inherit"
salvation? Each of us needs to ask Jesus into our heart. Just because
you have always gone to the same church or stayed with the same
denomination is not the key to heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:17(ESV) says 'If anyone is in Christ he is a new
creation. The old has passed
away, behold the new has come.' John 3:7(NIV) says 'you must not be
surprised at my saying, you must be born again.'

Is it time for you to examine your own life and decide if Jesus is
really a part? Stop now and pray and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life
today. Today is the day of salvation.

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I want you to be part of my life around
the clock and not just on Sunday. This might mean I have to change
churches so give me courage. I want to seek you like never before. In
Jesus' name. Amen.

Click on link below for a powerful song:
http://youtu.be/60vY1i6CDDs

Book Suggestion:
"Disciples Are Made, Not Born"

No comments:

Post a Comment