Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 8, 2013

JUST LISTEN, WOULD YOU?


How many of you are perfect listeners? I know there are some people and they truly can tune into you and hear what you are saying. I have to admit, I need to be a better listener and some of my friends and family can attest to that. It is not that I do not want to listen but I get distracted at times, by what, I do not know.  This is frustrating not only to me but to the person who is talking. It comes off like you do not care or you would listen. Sometimes I truly do not hear. This from a lady who studied to be a professional listener as a counselor. 

Guess who is a good listener? Jesus is! He never spaces out, butts in, forgets what you just said or has to ask you to repeat yourself. Nor does He have to apologize to you for seeming uninterested. As a Christian we should be striving to be conformed to Christ's image in all the areas of our life. If you are weak in this area why not humble yourself and ask God to intervene and help you. 

The Lord is good and merciful, full of compassion. He loves you with an everlasting love. He does not like you to be hurt or sad. He wants you to experience the joy only he can give. He wants to "talk" to you daily through His words in the Bible if only you would make time for Him and pick up our Bibles each day. We need to listen to what He is telling us in the word.

Also He is standing by at any time waiting to hear from you in prayer. The Bible says in Jeremiah 33:3(NIV) 'Call unto me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Psalm 91:15(NIV) says 'He will call upon me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.' Jesus does hear us, truly hear us, when we call out to Him. He listens. He knows your pain. He cares for you. If a friend means well but does not really "hear" what you are saying go to Jesus. He is really ready "at all times" and will take your call.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I love you. I want to try to be more like you and one of the areas I need help in is to be a better listener. Help me Lord when a friend needs help to listen to them and show support. Father I thank you that you are the best example to me for how I should listen. Father God help me not be distracted by things that do not matter but help me as I seek to show your love and mercy to others. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment