Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

KEEP LOOKING AHEAD



Remember the story in the Bible about Lot's wife looking behind her and turning into salt? See Genesis 19:26. Scripture tells us in many places to forget what is behind and to "press on" to what is ahead. Looking back does no good. Yesterday is over and tomorrow is ahead of you. 

Philippians 3:13-14(AMP) says ' I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.'  Notice those words, "press on".  We should do just that. When we suffer a set back sometimes we feel like giving up but God wants you to charge on with confidence, faith,and courage. The enemy, Satan, wants to defeat all believers and get them giving up and living in the past.

In life it is good to stay focused ahead of you, not behind. Driving a car requires focus on the road ahead and not look to the back and end up in a collision. Alpine skiing requires looking ahead down the mountain so you will not run into a tree.  When running a race it is necessary to focus on the course and finish line ahead of you. 

Proverbs 4:25(NIV) says 'Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.' Deuteronomy 5:32(NIV) says '
So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left.
The past is just that. Learn from it but do not wallor in it. God forgets our sins and He looks ahead to the future so why not try doing the same. Bury mistakes, "shake the dust from your feet" over things you can do nothing about. Commit all that you do to the Lord from here on out. Try to memorize this scripture from Proverbs 3:5-6(NKJV). 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.'

PRAYER: Lord Jesus my desire is to fix my eyes straight ahead on you and run the race to win not allowing Satan to distract me, make me turn around, or get off course. I look to you to light my path ahead of me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment