Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

"STUFF" GETS IN THE WAY


I love it when I have gone on vacation and leave my "stuff" behind. I
find that I can truly live without all the "stuff" we think we need on
a day to day basis. Sometimes our "stuff" gets in the way with our
relationship with Jesus. We can put hobbies, sports, vacation and a
host of other things before Him and He totally gets left out of the
equation.

I loved it when we used to camp with our children and some camp
grounds would have church services. In Breckenridge. Colorado they
hold church up on top of one mountain. Copper Mountain, Colorado,
where our son Jon used to work, has church service in an actual chapel
on the premises and even up on the mountain. It is nice to go on
vacation and not forget God. He after all is the one who helps us get
our "stuff" that sometimes gets in the way of being with Him.

He wants to be first place in your life, not in a legalistic way of
punching a ticket so to speak to say "Hey I have been to church today.
Check that block for the week". No He wants you to want to be with
Him. Material things are not bad. Hobbies are not bad. Enjoying sports
is not bad. But when we allow things to squeeze God out and forget
about Him then that is where the problem is. Too many distractions and
things get in the way of having a personal relationship with Him on a
daily basis. And we give Satan a victory when we forget God.

Perhaps it is time to take a look at your life and do some shifting
around of priorities. Maybe you need to find a church that loves Jesus
that you are excited to go to not one you dread getting up and saying
"oh no not again'. Do not give up on God and let the things of this
world and all your "Stuff" squeeze Him out. He is waiting for you to
ask Him to be part of your life. Do it today!

Mark 12:30(NIV) 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with
all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'

PRAYER: Lord I want to truly love you with an over the top sort of
love. I do not just want to enter the doors of a church and "be
religious" for one hour but I want a relationship where I am excited
about being a Christian. Lord help guide me if it means changing
churches or changing myself. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link and praise God in song.
http://youtu.be/IdJBYyNsQd0

No comments:

Post a Comment