Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 1, 2023

When Self Pity Comes Knocking



.. and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”Matthew 3:2 NIV Bible Gateway

I think most people probably have attended a pity party and there usually have no guest list. I guess what I am trying to say is the enemy can torture us with our thoughts when that feeling comes. 

Feel left out of something? Maybe there is an explanation. Feel like someone is mad at you.? How do you know you aren’t a mind reader. You fear your co workers wish you would go elsewhere? Once again you have no clue what people are thinking. 

The test is to make your mind stop going there so to speak. Once that feeling comes over you stop. Not sure if it is just a female thing or if guys go to pity parties too. Self pity is our sinful self not getting its’ way and throwing an emotional tantrum. Lay aside the weight of self pity and run your race to win. 

PRAYER: Father I need your help to stop figuring every thing is my fault but to know you are with me and it’s not all about me. Help me escape the trap of self-pity and put others before myself. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. An excellent post. Sometimes I believe that this self-pity thing can be a male thing as well as a female thing. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete