Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 16, 2023

When People Don't Like You

 


 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven.Matthew 5:11-12

Who on social media hasn’t been unfriended? I often say how cruel it is for todays generation growing up experiencing all this friending on a little mobile device that is dragged everywhere with them. It appears as if it is a lifesaving device. 

I have been rejected by friends, by neighbors, in jobs, by co-workers, by crushes as a teen, in class elections, by some family members, and you know what, even though I may have or have not deserved these ‘cold shoulder’ moments, they were proving grounds and I learned lots. I tried to not hold onto bitterness or anger and tried to sincerely forgive those who kept me at arms’ length. Have you been there and has this happened to you as well?  You learn through rejection. Think of Jesus he was ultimately rejected! 

Rejoice in all your trials friend. Just as I was writing this I was experiencing a tiny pang of hurt when a neighbor unfriended me. This friend stuff on social media isn’t real anyway and I applaud those of you who leave it alone as your life is probably happier. 

PRAYER: Father God I thank you that you love me unconditionally even when others don’t. Help me to love others unconditionally and not judge them as I am not the judge. Help me be like you. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment