Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

How Are You Feeling?

 


From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

Feelings come and go and you really can’t rely on them as one day you are jubilant and the next feel like quitting any dream you had.

Years ago I saw a Christian tract that was about fact, Faith, and feeling and was done as an illustration of a train. The engine was labeled fact, the box car was labeled Faith, and the caboose was labeled feeling. Basically the train could run with or without the caboose. Similarly your life can go along perfectly well with just facts of life and your faith. The feelings come and go. But you will experience emotions because they are part of your life. The message here was not that feelings were not important but that life went on and your faith could grow as your feelings kind of pulled up in the rear. 

How are you doing today my friend? Have you received a scary diagnosis from the doctor? Maybe you feel lonely or scared. Perhaps you feel your ‘giants’ seem unconquerable, things like finances or a job. God is with you and he loves you. Your faith can pull you through as it is a Fact God wants you to prosper and be joyful but hard times come for everyone. It was part of the fall of man found in Genesis.  

PRAYER: I love you Lord and at times I get feeling overwhelmed let me know you are there. I need not fear. Guide my steps. In Jesus’ name. Amen. image0.jpeg

1 comment:

  1. This is another great post. We all have to monitor our feelings, especially with our families. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete