Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 30, 2023

Sad And Don’t Know Why



The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:17-18)

There are days it is difficult to press on and write devotions and when I wrote this one a few days ago I was having a day like that. After all, the devotion writer needs to have peace, but I am human too. 

Several things were competing for attention in my mind and the enemy was trying his hardest to defeat me with doom and gloom. I started second guessing our major life decision of three years ago to uproot our home and drive all the way across the country leaving 21 years of friends behind and a son 6 hours away. Then I was thinking of our former beautiful farm which Dave built himself. I said to myself “Stop it before I am a puddle of confusion and tears” and I am sure there are those out there who can identify.

Snap out if it, this pity party ends now! Covid didn’t help things any.  One thing I recommend if you can identify with me, is get off social media, it is not your friend. Turn off morning shows and talk shows. Get your Bible out and start reading Psalms. Look around you and find ways to share compliments and joy to others. Find a friend or neighbor to help. Make a list of praises in your life and don’t dwell on negative junk. Now go have a good day!

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for my life. I thank you for the blessing of friends and family. I thank you for living in America. Guide my steps daily to stay on the right path. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: You have good thoughts here for ways to conquer sadness and depression. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete