Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

What’s Good About It?


“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10
Is this Covid 19 lockdown a blessing or a curse? Depends on how you look at it. 

I engaged a couple on our town track in conversation, 6 feet apart of course, and was at first just going to say hello and keep walking passing them but then I decided once they said “nothing good is happening out of this time of quarantine“ that I would slow my pace and chit chat. Turns out they had just moved from Nashville so I guess I could say I was a welcome wagon ambassador of sorts. 

Friend you never know when God is calling you to impact or make a footprint for the kingdom in someone’s life. Had I sped ahead I would not have had this chance to plant a seed of hope in their hearts. I hope I did. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus it is easy to lose hope when you find yourself immersed in a negative hopeless world. Use me Lord to share joy and peace for those whose lives are impacted more by this time of being closed off. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: God put you there for a reason. Had you asked me that" blessing or curse"question, I would have said, "I find it is both." Blessing because I see God's hand working in the efforts of the school corporations in getting food to those families that need it. I see God's hand in the fact that I have spent more time in prayer and journaling thought about His word. I see it as a curse in that our son has not been able to come home since Christmas. He usually comes home for my birthday, Easter, and Mother's Day. (He lives 100 miles to the south of us.) I also see it as a curse that all those who have passed on during this time have not had their families with them at that time. It is hard on the families. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete