Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Practice What You Preach



Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

"Okay so I caved in, what of it?" Has this happened to you  where you know what to do and how to walk as a believer and you daily soak up the word so your heart does not run on empty for the day but yet stuff happens to put things to the test and voila you are tested. It happens. It will continue to happen. That is how God grows us. 

Are you faithful in prayer? I mean really. Do you tell someone you will pray then totally forget it and blow it off whether by accident or what? Does saying, "I will pray for you" become just a phrase that casually slips out of your mouth of do you in fact pray?Do you have and maintain hope amidst hard life situations even when it seems the outcome may not be what humanly you desire for now. What about being afflicted? 

Yes it can be tough to understand why certain things are happening and the tendency would be to blame God. Why are we in the midst of a global pandemic? Even though God does not cause it He can use it. Why? Why do bad things happen to good people? You know this life is very temporary and for those who asked Jesus into their hearts and live for Him a glorious home in Heaven awaits. Know that you are growing stronger through having to be patient so hang in there. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus Forgive me when I whine and complain about my 'plight' knowing I really have it pretty good. Help me be faithful in prayer and talk to you throughout the day. Strengthen me to do your kingdom work. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

           #nationaldayofprayer2020   #Nationaldayofprayer

1 comment:

  1. When I hear of a prayer need, I ask the person if I can pray right then. So far everyone has said, "Yes, please." I keep a list of prayer requests near where I sit in the living room and find myself referring to it through out the evenings.

    ReplyDelete