Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Financial Wellness Versus Spiritual Wellness


Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 1 Timothy 6:17

Is it my imagination or does money seem to concern a majority of the Western society? During the Covid 19 an essential business apparently in my state was buying lottery tickets. Kind of like the dream of instant riches with no labor involved. 

In our Capitalistic society everyone has a chance to succeed. Some it may take longer. Those who are successful financially should not trust in their money cause as we saw at the beginning of this Coronavirus the stock market plummeted and thus many persons nest egg.  

My friend don’t be fearful of the loss of money but believe in God who is bigger and greater than all your problems in life. Work hard, save wisely, by all means tithe and be a giver but at the end of the day Jesus is your only hope. 

PRAYER: Almighty God creator of the universe, thank you for all my financial blessings and the things I learn when money goes away. Help me to always be a giver no matter what financial state I am in. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. A friend once told me that her husband's mother was the happiest person she knew. She had few of the goods of the world but she had God. My friend's mother-in-law had survived three husbands, lived in senior housing and then was a resident in a nursing facility. Until she went to live in the nursing home, she led a Bible study in her home for several years. This always gives me a lot to think about. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete