Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Paralyzed By Fear?

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

The news media does an outstanding job in keeping people fearful just the same way People magazine does in keeping people focused on celebrity worship. Why or why can’t you let things go and not be buying into fear? 

Here are a few examples of fearful scenarios it is necessary to take victory over to have an abundant life abiding in Christ. Ebola virus, end of the world, airplane crashes, cancer, earthquakes, pollution, global warming, guns, tornadoes, vaccines, Lyme disease, sporting accidents such as snow skiing or being hit by a baseball, legionnaires disease, the Coronavirus, war, terrorism, and I am certain you can add a few. Sitting around consuming brain cells concerned over everything  does not get you closer to God. I have heard people say “But I am just a worrier”. 

So what is a person to do who is infected with the ‘fear bug’? First get on your knees daily and pray and tell God you trust Him. Next realize bad stuff is going to happen but your worrying won’t change anything. Third, relax, put on some praise and worship music. Fourth, stop feeding your fear with nightly or morning news and reading the paper but instead reach for your Bible and read  Psalms or book of John. Now go my friend into a peaceful day trusting God for everything. 

PRAYER: I thank you Lord that you are on the throne. I thank you for knowing you have my back and that of my family members. Teach me to learn diversion techniques when I would start to succumb to a fearful spirit knowing only the devil is rejoicing as he wants me to fear. I claim peace now. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Click link below for a powerful song to start your day:https://youtu.be/IvR6vrmHcJo

No comments:

Post a Comment