Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Blame Game Not A Game Show



“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:3-5(NIV) #Biblegateway 

Why is it ever since Adam and Eve sinning in the Garden Of Eden people have been blaming each other for things particularly spouses. I jokingly call it the ‘Adam syndrome’ as Adam said to God when asked if he ate the fruit, “The woman you gave me gave it to me and I ate” and thus the blaming commences.

Someone is always responsible but arguing about it and trying to prove your side does only one thing and that is cause a gigantic rift and hurt as well as built up bitterness and resentment. Husbands are to love their wives and be gentle to them as the weaker sex. Whether it is blaming spouses or someone else say at your workplace it has to stop. 

If you have been blamed first stop and forgive the person even if they don’t ask you to. Next stay peaceful and pray. Prayer is always the first thing to do before opening your mouth and wishing you had not. Give all issues to the Lord and let Him be in the middle. Everything will work out. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me if I have ever lashed out at anyone in accusing them of something. I ask you to help me look within myself and help fix anything that is broken that could create tension in relationships. Guard my heart and my mouth. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment: