Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, February 7, 2020

Do You Take Your Walk With Christ Seriously?? Seriously??


Do  not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
I am in the process of reading an awesome book by a member of my church, Taylor Edge, entitled ‘More Than A Believer. A Practical Guide To A Transformed Life’ and I highly recommend it! (Purchase on Amazon). So many good points in his writing. I got this idea today from the book. So do you take your walk with the Lord seriously? Some say they do but when questions are presented then it is evident many are going through the motions and living a religious church member only life with little desire beyond Sunday for being transformed. Sort of like a membership in a country club.

Only the Holy Spirit can bring about a desire for ‘more’ and when it happens you will know it. In the meantime go easy on family members or a spouse who many be aloof to drawing closer even though they may go to a dynamic church like mine and hear the messages about reading Bible daily and making Christ first. You say “yes I am” but then examine your heart and see if you really are. If you want to have more ask God. Stand back and watch the transformation expect some ‘friends’ who knew you before your transformation to think you are  ‘religious’ a word I despise. I love the Lord and I hope you do too.

PRAYER: I want to be more like you daily. I want my family to desire to grow daily and stand firm when attacks of the enemy occur. Help me not make excuses for why I don’t have time for a quiet time when everything else seems to get done. Help me make it a priority. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment