Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, February 10, 2020

Do You Have A Community??



Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31

Friends are so very important as is a strong group of believers in a home church and also small group and Bible study. I have a couple of ‘communities’ like that. One is my Moms in Prayer group, my awesome church, Church of the Highlands, the small groups I have been a part of and in the past Officers’ Christian Fellowship(OCF). There are other types of groups but the type where Christ is the center seem more long lasting.

There is a saying if you want to have friends you need to show yourself friendly. Be the first person to reach out. I did this back in 1999 when first moving to Alabama and consequently made two lifelong friends. You just never know who has been praying for a friend. In 1996 I reached out to a lady sitting next to me in a woman’s ministry event in Arizona and voila life time friend now. 

So are you yearning for community in the body of Christ? Are you wanting sincere close knit authentic friendships? Pray to God for open doors and for ‘God moments’ and know that prayers are not falling on deaf ears. And remember it might be you who has to take that first step.

PRAYER:I am ever so grateful for the friends I have made in my life through many experiences in my life. My path was orchestrated ahead of time even though it did not seem so many times. I am amazed at how doors were open. Show me someone who needs a hug, a friendly smile, or a lifelong friend. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts on friendships. I have had the pleasure of renewing some friendships in the past couple of years. These were women with whom I worshipped in the late 1980s and the 1990's. One of them began worshipping with us again in the past couple of years, until her health got in the way. She has been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. I pray for her every time the LORD places her on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so much appreciate your faithful ness to comment.

    ReplyDelete