Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Easy Does It...Stay Cool



Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

In the 1960’s classic musical West Side Story, the two gangs,  the Jets and the Sharks, sang a little song reminding them to ‘stay cool’ but even if you are not in an impending gang fight,  it is necessary to remain cool in other situations too as it is easier to overcome stress if you do.

For instance a couple months ago I did not have a paper copy of an airline boarding pass and accidentally deleted it off my phone. This was quickly  remedied by the ticker counter agents. I could have come unglued and gotten hyper as I have done previous times something like this happened but chose to just take a breath. 

Do you need to practice keeping your cool when something goes in a different direction than you had hoped? 


PRAYER: Thank you I can call on you at any time and you can help me be still and stay collected. Help me not get wound too tight when stuff doesn’t go as planned. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment