Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 1, 2018

Heart Condition

Do not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4

When I ask how is the condition of your heart I don’t mean are you hereditarily predisposed to a heart attack or stroke but how is your spiritual heart? So many verses in scripture refer to the spiritual heart. Do a word search to see for yourself. 

To get the kind of heart that leans towards things of the Lord you have to desire it. If you don’t desire it then therein lies the problem. A heart either goes towards God or away from Him. The kind of heart you possess determines how you act in general and treat others. 

So today is your heart in excellent, good, fair, or poor condition. Only you can make the changes necessary to strengthen your heart towards the Lord. 

PRAYER: I want to seek you with my whole heart is but sometimes I allow distractions to get me and my heart off course. Forgive me Lord as I seek to do better. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment: