Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 21, 2018

The Comparison Trap

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10Do you ever catch yourself comparing your life to someone else’s? I will be honest and say I have done this. It is not something I am proud of. Perhaps  you try to justify your existence if you don’t do ‘too much’ to others who may think your life must not count if you don’t have a title. Comparing is a tool of the enemy, period.  
Satan wants to get you discontent with your life as you know it. A bigger house, a different job, a fancier car. You can go on and on and never be satisfied. You can also get in the mode of comparing gifts you may receive and end up feeling bad when you discover your gift maybe not as great as another person. I am telling you folks this stuff is from the pit of hell and needs to be stopped. Comparing can lead to jealousy, feeling of being left out, saying something your regret later.
Right now if this inflicts your life stop and do the following exercise either mentally or written down. List all the wonderful ways God has blessed you. When you catch a wrong thought slipping into your mind causing discontentment right then and there stop and rebuke the thought in Jesus name and start replacing wrong thinking with thoughts that build up. Say “I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I am the head and not the tail.”  Now go and thank God for how He made you and how he is blessing you daily. 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I slip in to the poisoning of my mind by comparing myself to others. Help me to remember to be myself because everyone else is taken and to give you any bitterness and jealousy before it steals my joy. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment