Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Self Pity...Stop It Now!!


A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

There was a day I was taking a walk on a nearby military base and having a huge bout of self pity. Me the Lemonade lady was really struggling. Alas I knew it was an attack from the enemy and spiritual warfare.

As I continued my self pity stroll I passed a field full of camouflage painted military equipment and soon my thoughts went to Afghanistan and the military who were serving there. This wake up call of sorts snapped me from my funk as I said to my self “look at these pieces of equipment and think of the troops over there operating them."

Do you need a wake up call to get you out of a ‘whoa is me’ mentality? Satan tries to get your thoughts on all the wrong things and it is important to recognize it as warfare.

PRAYER: Lord I am blessed and have no reason to get stuck in self pity. Help me stay out of that pit and praise you instead. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment