Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Stop And Breathe


Better one handful with tranquillity
 than two handfuls with toil 
and chasing after the wind.Ecclesiastes 4:6

I love this verse above and to me I feel it means better to do less, have less, and worry about details and perfection less, and simply enjoy peace and the moment. Instead of scurrying to and fro, pause and breathe. 

Do you sometimes find yourself on a treadmill of sorts because of things you perceive you ‘have’ to do? It is easy to get caught up in sheer busyness when in fact God wants you to practice the discipline of resting and hearing from Him. Kind of hard to hear God’s voice when the world’s obligations squeeze it out. 

Don’t be a victim. Enjoy friends and family but also don’t sweat the dust bunnies or cobwebs. Hotdogs work just fine for an impromptu drop in. You will be relaxed and so will others. 

PRAYER: Oh Lord I yearn for you like a person in a dry parched land. I need you to help me relax, settle down, and stress less. Guide me in what I choose to commit to. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment