Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Can You Be Still?


"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
Stillness is a trait you should want to develop. It seems like rushing to and fro and being busy is a badge of honor. The question is asked “ How are you?”  The common reply usually being “fine” or “busy”. Too busy for things that matter normally like exercising your body to stay healthy and exercising your spirit to stay strong in the Lord. Maybe too busy to even sit for a minute to read this small devotion. 

Some may ask “but how do I intentionally slow down” and my answer would be “find a way before you wind up sick in the hospital for neglecting what matters.” You can not run on empty spiritually and expect to last long nor can you neglect working out the ‘temple of God’, your body long without paying the consequences so you need to prioritize what you are rushing to do and ask yourself what can be eliminated. Time for some serious pondering.

Maybe you mean well and you know that you need a quiet time daily and a trip to the gym. How to accomplish it is the issue. Even if you can get out in nature and walk it will help relax your mind and be a great time to carry on a conversation with the Lord. So the ball is in your court. Stop committing to everything you don’t need to and insure you stop to ‘be still’ for what matters most. 

PRAYER: The tyranny of the urgent is upon most of us. I know busyness is not your game plan Lord. Help me as I seek to break the stronghold of unnecessary things that take me away from things that matter which are you, my family, and staying healthy. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment