Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Burnout, Boredom, Midlife Crisis


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
When you start feeling bored, burned out, and tired it not only is time for a vacation but time to recharge and reflect with God. Feelings like this are not from God but all people are susceptible to them. Sometimes these feelings could cause you to make terrible mistakes and use poor judgment.

Try to take time to get away. Get a couple days off. Go somewhere and leave responsibilities behind if you can. Take time to pray, read God’s Word, and reflect on joys and blessings in your life. This isn’t the time to make life altering decisions. Satan loves it when believers find themselves like this. If married include your spouse and talk and listen to each other respecting the others opinions.

After a time of recharging your battery and seeking God you should have a different outlook on things. Maybe for some it is the time to pull back or retire. For others you just needed time to reflect and think without daily pressure. Whatever it is let God into it. 
PRAYER: Thank you so much for my life and all its blessings. Bad stuff happens and situations that make me want to run away or give up. I know you desire me to pause, reflect, and charge on. Guide my steps and give me your wisdom. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment