Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

What Is First Thing You Reach For In Morning?


I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Mobile device? Computer?  News paper? Remote control? Basically the point I am trying to make is what do you make time for and what habits have you developed? At the end of these habits is there any time to spend with Jesus in His word? It is only by spending time that we develop God’s character.

It may require discipline for you to stop grabbing your mobile device and checking into Facebook daily. Sure there are Christian things on Facebook, I get that. My devotion is posted there after all. The thing is your heart is where your first love is. Do you just really want to barely get by as a Christian or do you want to be filled with power to face your battles daily?

Maybe today is the day you need to develop a new Plan A and insure you are making time for our Lord and Savior.  Don’t do it out of obligation then it rarely will affect you. If you know you are weak in this area talk to God and ask Him to help you reorder your earthly priorities. You will be glad you did!

PRAYER: Father I want to hunger and thirst for you but often times I barely even take a nibble. Shame on me. I want to have self control to spend time where it counts. Please help me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment