Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Don't Worry...Be Happy!


I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
Such a catchy tune a few years back but do you apply its meaning to your everyday life? Is it possible to live a worry free life?

If you are honest you will say you have indeed worried. Probably everyone has but why? It doesn’t change things. As the character of a Russian prisoner in the movie ‘Bridge Of Spies’ said to his court appointed attorney played by actor Tom Hanks when asked if he was worried, he replied “would it help?” 

 When a fisherman casts his line into the water to catch fish he doesn’t jump in the water to grab it back as that would be self defeating and he would not catch fish. Similarly we are told in scripture to cast our cares on Him. Don’t go in and continually take them back. When you give your worries and concerns to God leave them then start focusing on uplifting things and let them go. 

PRAYER: Father God I don’t like to worry or fret but sometimes I find myself caving. Help me Lord to fully trust you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment