Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 10, 2017

Don't Be A Dream Killer

NOTE: I forgot to post this devotion on 9 October so here it is!

Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
 
Recently I rewatched the 2002 Hollywood movie 'The Rookie' the true story about Jim Morris whose dream to be a Major League Baseball player came true beyond the age most would consider it. Look it up on Netflix. The man's father had continually squashed his dream even growing up and he showed obvious talent as a pitcher. Another 2016 Hollywood movie 'Eddie The Eagle' also a true story about Eddie Edwards  is a similar dream this time about an unlikely prospect for an Olympic Ski Jumper who did in fact make the team representing Great Britain in 1988. Sports movies can teach lots about never quitting.

Do you have a dream? In high school I wanted to be a class officer and after two failed attempts and encouragement by my best friend I succeeded in getting elected treasurer two years in a row. Another was to publish a book which I did but not through agents and publishers clamoring for me, never the less I got it done. Your dream may be to go to Juilliard, work on Broadway, play Major League Baseball, running a marathon, invent a cure for paralysis. Whatever it is and it could be a simple dream, keep plugging and never give up. Keep hoping. I like the verse Ephesians 3:20 which says in a nutshell "God can do immeasurably more than we think or ask".

Keep trying, keep pursuing, keep training, keep writing, keep submitting those resumes, you get the idea. Don't give up in life on something you truly want to do. Think hopeful positive thoughts and you may in fact just get there!

PRAYER: It is so easy to quit and give up on your dreams. I give you the praise and glory for everything I accomplish in my life Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment