Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Be Delighted


Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. – Psalm 119:35


I feel so sad for people who try to make it through life without Jesus or maybe just with a marginal existence as a believer. By this I mean they have no true desire to get in the word and to some they find it boring. 

I truly do find DELIGHT in the pages of scripture and hope you do too. In them are found the answers or solutions to most of life problems or at least how to handle them. Striking out as a Lone Ranger Christian is never a really good idea. We need each other to build one another up. Prisoners of war during Vietnam who were believers had the word of God ‘hidden’ in their heart to call on in times of distress and turmoil. 

If you don’t really desire the Word first ask yourself why? Maybe you grew up where the church you attended did not emphasize bringing your Bible. The Bible is like a ‘toolbox’ of sorts helping us work out the bumps of everyday life. If it were not so effective why is it so many countries ban it? If you have not asked Jesus to be Lord of your life maybe it is time to do that now. I know once I became ‘born again’ I thirsted for the word. Do you thirst for God’s word? If not ask God to place a hunger for the Bible in your heart. 

PRAYER: I love you Lord and love your word. There are those I know who don’t even read it and are in danger of being trapped by the world’s lies. I pray for those people. Continue to make me hunger and thirst for your words. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment