Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Start Looking Up


“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”  Hebrew 12:2

Oh my goodness just look around you in every day life and see people all over gazing down at their mobile devices. You become a slave to your device when it is necessary to have it with you constantly. I am so thankful there were no cell phones when our sons were born. I see so many young mothers scolding or ignoring their children while they pay attention to the device and not their child. It is quite sad in my opinion. Heads constantly facing down in epidemic proportions. 

So how to tame this monster which people seem to not be able to live without? I remember in the Army we used to sing a Jody Call that said “What’s the use in looking down, ain’t no discharge on the ground. Sound off one two, sound off three four “ and so on. Keep you head held high. Pay attention to others. Look up as if you are looking up to the heavens. When you look down all the time it can strain your neck as well. 

Segway into the theme of keeping your eyes on Jesus and looking up to Him. He is your source of joy, peace , goodness, mercy, love and it is because of Him we exist. When you are with others put that phone away. When you drive, throw it in the backseat so you are not tempted. And when you do get it out use it for quiet time as many good resources are online. But do it not at the expense of people and relationships. 

PRAYER: Lord you have given mankind many creative abilities one of which was creation of cellular devices and the internet. Help me Lord to use my time wisely and to put people ahead of my need to know everything. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this lesson. Last evening at church, we had our youth join us in or Bible study. At least one of them was watching his cell phone. The discussion leader tactfully dealt with the issue. Made me think about how I behaved when our son was here for Thanksgiving. I will have to learn to improve my behavior.

    ReplyDelete