Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

First Fifteen


But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

I got the idea for this devotion from a sermon I heard at our church a while back and it is so vitally important if you want to really put God first and stop just giving it lip service. Many things vie for your time as soon as the alarm clock goes off but it is what you decide to do that matters.

First fifteen consists of five minutes Bible reading, five minutes in worship, and five minutes in prayer. The plan sounds very doable even if you are rushed. You could start reading in the book of Psalms to start out. Worship consists of good music that make you want to praise God an lifts your spirit. Finally take time to pray. Really pour your heart out to God.

Most reading this devotion already probably have a grasp of how important it is to spend time with God and may live with others who do not or have extended family who are complacent.  Keep believing and lifting them up as well. Your job is not to drag them to the cross but to have The Holy Spirit to give them that desire. Now go take fifteen!

PRAYER: Lord you are good and gracious and patient with me even when I rush out the door and totally give you zero time. I want my focus to be on you and start my day praising you. Help me get rid of strongholds that may be keeping me from this. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment