Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 17, 2017

Tuning Into God


My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. Colossians 2:2-4
Your  day has started. Rush, rush, rush already. Busy, busy, busy. When on earth can you possibly slow your pace to tune in to the still small voice yearning to spend time with you? I am speaking of God. 
So many things try to get your attention and in today’s wired society you must be creative to carve out time alone with God. This should be the first thing you WANT to do not an after thought. So set your alarm earlier. If a mom with small children, do it with them. On your lunch break at work, go find a place alone to pray and hear God’s voice through the Word. Make it happen. Desire it to happen. 
So much of what you may think is necessary is truly not. Off goes the news, off goes the morning show, off goes the Facebook updates. If you truly desire to do this then you can! 
PRAYER: It happened again. I rushed around and forgot to even say hi to you Lord or thank you. I am ashamed of myself. The enemy throws out excuses so I choose to sit down and be still with you. Convict me of this need. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment