Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Basic Training


These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7

I served in the Armed Forces for almost 6 years and did go through a ‘basic training’ period of approximately 90 days. The skills I  learned  helped equip me to survive if I ever was in harms' way on a battlefield. 

Life is a huge battlefield and a parents’ major  responsibility to not just raise children to grow up but to train them in godliness. The parents are more important than a Sunday school teacher, preacher, or priest in raising children to love Jesus. There needs to be ‘basic training’ for children.  

I once heard an acronym for Bible which was ‘Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth.’ That is a great way to remember how vital God’s word is and it is not a book to set around as a coffee table decoration. You may as well put it away if you don’t plan to study and read it.

So if you are a parent, grandparent, or want to be keep in mind that those little ones need to be taught early to love Jesus.

PRAYER: Basic training is vital to develop important survival skills. I choose to not only train myself but also have an impact on any young ones in my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment