Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The Big One!


For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! Philippians 1:21-22

I was sitting waiting for a friend on a bench in the warm sunshine when two ladies walked by with gifts and balloons that said 40. I said "Oh the big one huh?!" spoken by a lady who has had 5 'Big ones' in my life. When exactly do we 'arrive' to that really big one? That special milestone celebration.  

Every year is a gift from God. Some people are 'taken away' by death in what humans deem as too early. Too early for earthly milestones and dreams' perhaps but not too early to be used in God's perfect plan. It is easy to treat our earthly home like this is it but this is by far not IT. Living for the here and now and its' pleasures is not what brings true joy. 

Be thankful for each year you take a breath on your birthday but don't simply live for today. No one knows the day or the hour Christ will return but He will come back. What will you be able to say you have done for the kingdom? Are you sharing Jesus' love with those you meet either in words, deeds, or simple smiles? Remember the really BIG ONE is when you arrive in the Heavenly Kingdom some day. In the meantime do what you can to spread His love to others. 

PRAYER: Birthdays are fun. The first day of birth is extra special for parents, grandparents, and friends.  Help me Lord as I seek to serve you between my Earthly birthdays and rejoice in each day of life. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment