Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 10, 2017

Give, Give, and Give Some More



Give , and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38
I don’t know about you,  but I love to give presents or do surprise things. It is just fun! Makes me smile and hopefully the recipient smiles to. I don’t do it to get noticed or get brownie points but it is part of my DNA and I can’t stop myself.

We are approaching the the two times of year givers come out of the woodwork because being kind and nice just feels like the thing to do at Christmas and Thanksgiving. Guess what? Those hurting and  needy people are still there January through October. I am not faulting anyone who only does this charity then because it is indeed needed and extremely worthy. Salvation Army, Angel Tree, Samaritan’s Purse are three that come to mind which make wise use of donations.

Look around and I am sure you can think of creative ways to be generous. Surprise generosity is even more fun. Make it a point to make someone’s day!

PRAYER:Sometimes Lord when I am in the dumps helping someone else cheers me up. Help me be aware of needs I can meet and people I can make smile not only in November and December but throughout the year. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment