Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Death And Life: The Best Is Yet To Come!


For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ,which is better by far; Philippians 1:21-23

A visit to a cemetery recently prompted me to think about this subject. Death is going to happen to everyone, no exceptions. No matter how much Hollywood movies make the idea of cryogenics and living forever seem great, really the best is yet to come. When a loved one dies no words can describe the pain, yet if this person accepted Christ as their savior here on Earth the event should be a celebration of their Home-going.

This place you call home is only a temporary stopover but for many it seems like this it is, live for now. Eat, drink, and be merry! It's okay to enjoy life, God does not want us all sour faced. But are you,  or have you,  made the decision of asking Christ to be your Lord and savior? Not join a church, not get baptized, but ask him into your heart and believe and live for Him. This issue causes so many divisions between denominations. Love Jesus, believe in Him, and ask Him to be your lord and savior now. 

PRAYER: Thanks so very much Lord for what awaits me when my temporary stay down here is completed. Prepare the hearts of those who never asked you into their hearts to do just that. Help me not act like a miniature Holy Spirit but to simply pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment