Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Simmer Down Now, Ok?



You will keep in perfect peace him whose minds are steadfast, for they trust in you.Isaiah 26:3

There was a girl at my first church I attended here in Huntsville who used to jokingly say "Simmer down now" meaning I guess to calm down and smell the roses so to speak. Every time I utter that phrase I think of her and maybe she is reading this today.

Many things can make people agitated. In my travels I see an occasional disgruntled flyer. You see folks angry at store clerks. People who don't like to wait at a doctor's office may boil over. Just sit and think about things that can make people angry. The point is what does getting angry do about it? Nothing at all is the correct answer. Trial lawyers love angry people for that is how they make their living getting back at people.

Be still and be grateful for all God has blessed you with. If you encounter angry ill mannered people do not talk back to them but pray for them. In all cases remember you represent the Lord Jesus Christ so let you light shine in a positive way.

PRAYER: Today Lord I thank you for life. I thank you for your many blessings. I even thank you for opportunities to practice patience and to pray. Help me not fall into the trap of being a complainer or getting riled up. I turn my situations over to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment