Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Not Just About Sunday

 "If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot From doing your own pleasure on My holy day, And call the sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable, And honor it, desisting from your own ways, From seeking your own pleasure And speaking your own word, Then you will take delight in the LORD, And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; And I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

Welcome to Sunday! A day of rest for many. The day traditionally to go to church. Mind you, not to punch an attendance card, but to go out of love and devotion for the Lord. We are not under the 'law' anymore but those who love Jesus should want to attend worship this day. If you have been in a rut over church because you just don't like going there, then ask God to open the door to a new vibrant church where God's word comes alive to you. Also ask Him to change your heart and your attitude. 

Once Sunday has passed and Monday rolls around it is not time to put away anything related to Jesus. We need to keep the 'armor of God' on each and every day because our enemy, Satan,  is not taking a vacation the other six days. (Read Ephesians 6:10-18). If you are not prepared for spiritual battle by studying and meditating on God's word daily how will you stand up to the enemy? In physical combat soldiers train ahead of time before they meet their enemy. We too as believers need to be doing likewise. 

Does Christ hold first place in your life? I I am not saying this to bring guilt or condemnation but only to ask you to search your heart. Maybe it is time to have your spirit renewed and come alive again. 

PRAYER: I desire to delight myself in you. I know the sprit of complacency and disinterest is not from you Lord. Give me a renewed sense of joy each and every day and not just on Sundays. Convict those Lord who do not care to spend anytime with you of their need for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent message. I wasn't able to go to church today due to a sour stomach. I know there is something going around and I didn't want to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete