Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 12, 2015

I Don't Like Waiting Mommy

He says, Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.Psalm 46:10

I don't know of anyone who really likes to wait. It actually is a good disciplineto teach children while they are small though. In my travels I was at an airport waiting for a flight delayed three times. I was not bothered but this young girl waiting to get on a flight next to mine said to her mom "I don't like waiting mommy". Children can be brutally honest and that is why they are so special.

We are in an instant society. We rush about and want immediate gratification for so many things. To be able to just sit and be still is indeed a skill that needs to be developed to have a successful life. If we go about all the time demanding everyone to hurry, not only is our own peace robbed but we are not setting a good example for the kingdom of God. When we pray often we wait years for answers. God is not a genie in a bottle found on the beach. He is patient, loving, and kind and so too should we be likewise.
What do you need to do today to gain peace and learn to be still? Maybe it involves trusting God more and learning to ignore little inconveniences.
PRAYER: Today no matter what happens Lord help me to react with stillness, peace, and patience and oh yes, love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment