Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Oh No, Now What?

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. Ephesians 6:18

Sometimes our best laid plans do not work out. Recently I had a large iced latte and sat down to do writing and my iPad did not want to come on. I stayed calm which is something I am getting better at. Eventually the problem was solved. How many of us maybe get ready to go somewhere and the car won't start. Maybe you go out to parking lot and have a flat tire. Your water pipe breaks and floods your kitchen. You cut yourself shaving before having to leave for church or work. Dog chews up your homework or an important paper. You get the idea. Stuff happens. 

All the above scenarios are opportunities to practice calmness, peace, and trust. Also if we are in a public place and our reaction is one of being calm we can be a witness for someone who may be watching our calamity. When you are faced with a situation that you did not anticipate and it throws you off course first and above all stop, be calm, and pray. This too shall pass. Count to ten and say "I thank you Lord for your help". Trust that all things will be okay in time. 

Rest assured that in time all things will pass. Learn to just relax and let God give you peace as only He can. 

PRAYER: I am grateful for tests and trials even though I do not ask for them. I know it is through going through them that I learn and grow and become more like you Lord. Help me as I go through knowing I will make it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment