Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Jesus First, Facebook Second!


Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.Colossians 3:1-2

What is the first thing you do after getting up each day? Many folks like to get a cup of java and sit down and check their Facebook friends. No one is faulting Facebook, but is finding out about your friend's lives really going to improve your day?The best thing I think for starting out your day right, and believe me it does take discipline, is opening up God's word and reading some scripture to hide in your heart for your busy day ahead. Often times morning news, the paper, or Facebook can squeeze God totally out of the picture. Ask yourself why it is necessary to know every detail of a life and check it later on during day if you are really compelled. 

A Christian life requires discipline. Similar to athletes who train to run races, we as believers have to train ourselves for the battles ahead in our own life. Our enemy Satan wants to make you believe listening to a Christian radio station on the way to work or going to church for one hour is enough but it is not. Well it is if you want to remain a babe in Christ and never seek maturity. 

I challenge my readers today if you have a problem with spending too much time on Facebook and very little time in God's word, make a plan to change that and ask God to help you. Use your Facebook as a tool to witness for Him as well. 

PRAYER: I confess to you many days I get up and run to social media when I know it does not matter anyway. Give me the strength to do important things first and more importantly give me the desire for reading your word. Help me resist Satan's attempts to get me off course. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment