Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Snap Out Of It!


We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

One publishing company I talked to a couple years back when I first began my journey to get in print, referred to my devotions as 'confessionals' which he said "was not a bad thing" but they were personal accounts of my own life at times. Perhaps in reading them readers could identify with some situations similar in their own lives. The latest 'problem' with me was having a very miserable day focusing on wrong thinking. Many Bible teachers speak of getting your thoughts and your mind under control. Satan is a master of getting Christians to beat up on themselves. He causes fear, loneliness, worry, wrong thinking, irrational thinking, lies, deceit, confusion. Need I say more. A couple Saturdays ago I was his captive subject and finally snapped out of it Saturday night when I lay down in bed and read scripture. 

We have to be on our guard and that is why it is ever so important to stay daily in God's word so you can defeat the lies then enemy throws at you. That particular day my sister was my 'counselor' over the phone and helped me tremendously. When you go through things you need to find a trusted friend to talk to to help you dig out of those pits we occasionally find ourselves falling into. 

Next time you find yourself in a pity party or just cannot seem to cut through the gloom and doom first stop and think of how great and mighty God is. Next start praising Him for all He has done for you and provided for you. Then talk out loud to Satan and tell Him to leave you alone as he has no authority over you. You can rejoice because Jesus does love you and He is there for you in your good times and bad. 

PRAYER: This is the day you have made Lord and once again I rejoice and am glad in it. I thank you for the opportunities I have to share your love with those I encounter today. Help me always be alert as Satan is a schemer and is in the shadows. He has no control over me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment