Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Make A Difference


"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.” Hebrews 13:16


What have you done recently to make a difference in someone's life? Think on that for awhile.  We are meant to be able to not be self centered but to be God and others centered. Of course this world we live in does nothing through advertising to make you think that but it is all about me, myself, and I. When you can go beyond self for a change and help someone in need it is a good feeling. When you do something there is no need to boast about it as God knows and He is only one who matters.

Look around you and see what needs are out there that you are able to help with. Perhaps just a listening ear or making time for a friend. Treating someone to coffee or lunch. Sending a note or card to an elderly relative. Praying for your enemies is a good one and does not require much. Donate money to a friend in need. Help with someone's medical bills. Give a gift for no reason. Visit a nursing home. Volunteer to help someone pack up if they are moving and seek help. Volunteer time at a shelter. Do hospital or prison ministry if this is an area you are drawn to. Make a meal for someone who has had death in family or just needs a friend. Remember to help widows especially if they have no family around. 

When you do things do not expect rewards for it but do it because you truly want to. Resist the urge to tell others as well. God is your true rewarder. 

PRAYER: Lord make me aware of needs around me. Thank you for providing things in my life so I in turn can bless someone else. Help me never be selfish with my money or my time. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment