Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Balancing Act

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Life is a balancing act. We have to have things in balance to have a productive life. Prioritization of our schedules is essential to maintain balance. The things to balance include but are not limited to work, family, quiet time with God, recreation, hobbies, business side of family, spiritual life, staying healthy, and perhaps clubs and organizations. Christ should be in the center of all these things and take priority in my humble opinion. 

Happiness and joy are found when you are living a life centered around God. To focus on one area and forget about time with God gets us way off balance. Our world tries to make us feel certain things are more important than others. That is why it is necessary to establish a habit of time alone with God and make Him the center of all else. Don't just say you will but do it! 

Often we may say "Yes Christ is first place in my life" but be honest. Is He really? Sure you may be a Christian and love the Lord but do you 'desire' your quiet time or is it a 'duty' you do to check a block. Maybe you don't do it at all. Ouch. Now is the time to take a good hard look to see if your life is balanced around God.

PRAYER: I want to lead a balanced life and I know if I I leave you out I tilt either one way or the other. Help me Lord to focus on knowing you more and putting you truly first. In Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment