Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Who 'Likes' Me?

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:6

 In this social media saturated generation, especially for those on Facebook and Instagram, we are drawn to the computer screen or smart phone sometimes probably more than being drawn to the word of God. You posted something and want to see how many people 'liked' it. Does our worth come from Facebook likes? Imagine the wasted time spent surfing the social media sites that could have been spent better enjoying time alone with the savior. He LIKES you, I guarantee it.

 If you have been addicted to running to Facebook every morning after you wake up it may take some practice to get away from doing it. Ask yourself why it matters anyway. Do it later. Get that cup of coffee and start thanking the Lord for another day He has given you to impact your world. It doesn't matter what people think anyway. When we start basing our worth on Facebook likes we are in dangerous territory. Let it go. Get away from it. Run to God's word and spend some time thanking Him for what He is doing in your life. Maybe share a Bible quote on your Facebook page.

 Now today is a new day. Know that God in fact LIKES you so much and He is waiting for you to spend some time with Him. Just do it okay?

 PRAYING: Thank you Lord for your love for me. Even when I ignore you or barely even study your word you still are there. Help me Lord to better schedule my day so I give you more than five minutes. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment