Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Talk Them Off The Ledge

Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety. Proverbs 11:14

Discouragement and depression are real and serious conditions sometimes needing professional medical help to help a person improve. Often times a situation can seem overwhelming to someone. Servicemen going through  PTSD is no laughing matter and needs professional help. But perhaps you know of someone who is not quite so serious but may need a friend to talk to. Your listening ear could sometimes be the difference in life or death. It is not necessary to hold a degree in counseling to be a friend. 

Satan is the great deceiver. He can keep a person down in the dumps and make them believe a lie that they are not worth anything and life would be better if they were not here. If you yourself have ever had feelings like that first of all talk to a trusted friend. Above all pray. Run to God. If you feel far from God it is not He who has gone anywhere. Psalm 51:10 says "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." 

God loves you my friend. Through the ups and downs this life brings He is only a prayer away. 

PRAYER: Help me be aware of those in my life who may need a touch from a friend or from you Lord. Give me the words to say should I encounter a person in crisis. When I am lonely help me remember to run to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.


NOTE: If you feel lonely or even suicidal PLEASE call this hotline number now: 1-800-273-TALK
For 24 hour prayer contact : 1-800-4PRAYER

No comments:

Post a Comment